Cook time: 15 minutes
Ingredients for 4 servings
Coconut oil for greasing
Frozen sprouted-grain bread, thawed and halved – 6 slices
Bananas – 2, sliced
Eggs – 3
Milk – 1 ½ cups
Ground cinnamon – ½ tsp.
Freshly ground nutmeg – ¼ tsp.
Pure vanilla extract – 1 tsp.
Coconut sugar – ¼ cup
Pure maple syrup for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. Grease an 8-inch square baking dish with coconut oil.
3. Arrange the bread slices in the prepared dish. Cut them in half, if needed. Place sliced bananas in between bread slices.
4. In a large bowl, whisk together the nutmeg, cinnamon, milk, eggs, vanilla, and sugar. Slowly pour the mixture over the bread slices.
5. Press the bread to allow it to soak up the egg mixture.
6. Bake until the eggs are set and the casserole is golden green, about 45 to 50 minutes.
7. Cool slightly.
8. Cut into servings, drizzle with maple syrup and serve.