Cook time: 35 minutes
Ingredients for 4 servings
Chicken wings – 2 dozen (rinsed and pat dried)
Whole-grain flour – ¾ cup
Paprika – 2 tbsp.
Garlic powder – 1 tsp.
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Extra virgin olive oil – ¼ cup
Red pepper flakes – 1 pinch
Lemons – 2, halved
Roasted garlic cloves – 10
Chopped fresh oregano – ¼ cup
Low-sodium chicken broth – 2 ¼ cups
1. Place the flour in a shallow platter and season it with pepper, paprika, garlic powder, and salt. Mix well.
2. Dredge the wings in the flour mixture to coat. Coat well.
3. Heat oil in a skillet and brown the chicken wings on all sides.
4. Delete the chicken from the skillet and set aside on a platter.
5. Add the lemons, garlic, bay leaf, pepper flakes, oregano, and chicken broth to the pan. Cook for 2 minutes.
6. Return the chicken wings to the pan.
7. Cover the pan and braise in a preheated 375F oven for 20 minutes.