Cook time: 10 to 15 minutes
Ingredients for 6 to 10 servings
Boneless, skinless chicken breasts – 3 (6 oz. each)
Oat bran – ¼ cup
Wheat germ – ¼ cup
Coarsely ground flaxseed – 1 tbsp.
Coarsely ground almonds – ¼ tbsp.
Sea salt – ½ tsp.
White pepper – ½ tsp.
Garlic powder – 1 pinch
Low-sodium chicken stock – ½ cup
Egg white – 1 large, lightly beaten
1. Preheat the oven to 400F.
2. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Cut chicken breasts into nugget-sized pieces – about 1 ½ inches square. Set aside.
4. Next, combine all dry ingredients in a large container with a tightly fitting lid. Shake well. This is the coating mixture.
5. Combine water and egg in a bowl. Dip each chicken piece in the
water-egg white mixture and then place in the coating mixture. Coat each piece well.
6. Place on the baking sheet. Then place the baking sheet in the oven and bake until golden, about Ten minutes. 7. Serve with a dipping sauce.