Cook time: 15 minutes
Ingredients for 1 serving
Low-sodium turkey bacon – 4 slices
Mustard powder – 1 tsp.
Curry powder – 1 tsp.
Red pepper flakes – 1 tsp.
Sprouted-grain bread – 2 slices
Romaine lettuce – 1 to 2 leaves, rinsed
Tomato slices – 3
Homemade Dijon mustard – 1 tbsp.
1. Preheat the oven to 375F. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper and place a cooling rack on top.
2. Mix red pepper flakes, curry powder, and mustard powder. Sprinkle over top of the bacon, then flip and do the other side.
3. Place the bacon in the oven until crisp, about 15 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, toast the bread and grill the tomatoes.
5. Heat a skillet with a little olive oil.
6. Place sliced tomatoes in the hot skillet and just warm them.
7. Assemble the sandwich and serve.
To make the homemade Dijon mustard – combine 3 tbsp. yellow mustard seed, 2 ½ tbsp. brown mustard seed, 1/3 cup rice vinegar, 1 minced shallot, 1 pinch allspice, ¾-cup sea salt, and ½ tsp.